Established in 1996
Main aims and tasks:
- Supporting the locals in all reasonable ways, especially by regularly informing the locals about important issues
- Supporting the work of the Network Director of AEGEE-Europe
- Enhancing the information flow between Locals and European Bodies by providing essential information on AEGEE-Europe to the locals, strictly following the guidelines given by the Network responsible regarding the distribution of information
- Furthering the organisation of Internal Education events, AEGEE meetings and other events and supporting the organising locals
- Furthering the cooperation and exchanges between locals
- Organising and/or initiating a meeting within the first six months of their mandate (e.g. Network Meetings)
- Developing the Network, especially by taking measures to help threatened locals and to found new locals and by supporting these with information
- Motivating the locals to remain active and fulfill their requirements towards AEGEE-Europe
- Presenting themselves and a work plan for their mandate to the Network Commission, the Network Director and the locals within the first month of their mandate
The Network Commission was established at the Agora in Athina, in November 1996, at the same time when the number of Comité Directeur members was reduced from 12 to 9. During the period between Athina and the Agora in Enschede (Spring 1997), there was a Network Commission Implementation Team that worked on the creation of the structures that are functioning right now.
The Network Commission (NetCom) is responsible for the contact with the whole Network, working in close cooperation with the Network and Human Resources Director. They are the ones who will pay locals a visit or communicate with them if they need support. The NetCom takes measures to help threatened locals and supports new ones, while motivating the antennae to fulfill the Antennae Criteria. NetCommies organise Network Meetings (NWM), which aim at fostering cooperation, training members (learning experiences) and solving locals’ problems. They are the perfect opportunity to discuss common activities and share experiences.
Always with the support of the Comité Directeur, the NetCom has been gradually increasing its responsibilities and taking a proactive role in the development of the Network. Looking at the present state, the NetCom has earned a reputation of a well-functioning body, whose members are extremely enthusiastic and work very hard for the development and the improvement of AEGEE-Europe.
Here you can find some of NetCom’s past publications: NetCom Times