The tasks of the board during their terms in terms of relation to AEGEE-Europe
- Submitting the new board and updating the information on Intranet
- Staying in contact with the Network Commission
- Submitting Activity Plan
- Being updated and update its members with the help of the communication channels in AEGEE
- Submitting Activity Report
1. Submitting the new board and updating the information on Intranet
Within 7 days after the local elections
- Submit the information about your new board through the New Board Submission Form
- Share the good news with the Network by attaching a picture of your new board in the form above which the Network Commission will post from their Facebook page. (Please, don’t send it to Announce-L or AEGEE-L anymore!)
- Update the information on Intranet (new board members, contact details), within a week after the start of board term
The new members, the European level bodies and the Comité Directeur reach your board by using this information therefore it is vital to have the most updated information of the board members, the e-mail address, telephone number and postal address of the local.
2. Staying in contact with the Network Commission
Right after the elections, and all through the duration of your board term
Ask your previous board and find your Network Commissioner on the Contact Page of the NetCom
Your Network Commissioner supports you to understand the place of the local in AEGEE, s/he helps you to understand the European dimension of AEGEE and connects you with other Locals and European Bodies.
Moreover, your Network Commissioner is also the most important source of information about the happenings on the European dimension, s/he is bridging the local with the Comité Directeur and the different Commissions, Committees, Working Groups and Projects.
Besides, s/he helps you to understand the Antenna Criteria and supports you to fulfil all of them.
3. Submitting Activity Plan
Within one month after the start of the board term, after getting Knowledge Transfer from the previous board
Through the Activity Plan Submission Form
Your thematic activities should be aligned with the current Strategic Plan and the yearly Action Agenda
This will provide Comité Directeur and Network Commission with valuable insight into your goals and objectives for the upcoming period of time. Having a clearly written plan will also help you be more focused and structured in your work, and will make the cooperation within the board easier. Be as detailed as possible in your responses. This activity plan should contribute to the aim (broad goal) and objectives (concrete and quantifiable means to reach these aims) of the current Action Agenda but should set up your own aims and objectives for your antenna for the upcoming year.
Beside filling out the webform where you can list all the European and local activities, trainings, projects and the expected number of participants, it is strongly encouraged to have a well-prepared and detailed plan for the upcoming year.
4. Being updated and update its members with the help of the communication channels in AEGEE
Sign up to the mailing lists right after the board elections and keep your members updated continuously during your board term with the relevant information!
- Subscribe to AEGEE mailing lists – especially ANNOUNCE-L and BOARDINF-L
- Browse thoroughly the Members’ Portal especially the Toolkits (watch the Tutorial)
- Read the AEGEE-Europe Newsletter (what you receive on AEGEENews-L).
Your local is the part of a European network thus it is important to connect your board and your members to the happenings all over Europe.
The Comité Directeur and other European Bodies send the most important information on ANNOUNCE-L and BOARDINF-L, therefore it is the most important to be signed up to these mailing lists!
You can get all the information of the events organized in the Network on AEGEE-EVENT-L.
The main information platform for members about AEGEE is the Members’ Portal. If you are interested in the current happenings, in the different bodies, if you want to know how to get involved or you want to support your local with knowledge on human resources, fundraising, public relations or with many more things, this is the right place!
5. Submitting Activity Report
Within 2 weeks from the end of each board term, while giving Knowledge Transfer to the new board
Through the Activity Report Submission Form
In the Activity Report you are reporting all the achievements that your leaving board has obtained during the term and you are checking what has been done comparing to your plans you had submitted (if you don’t have your Activity Plan from the beginning of the board term, ask your Network Commissioner to send it to you!)