The structure of our Association is unique among the different organisations. AEGEE is built upon the cooperation of the local and European level without having intermediate structural elements, such as national bodies or structures.
The existence of this unique structure requires a clear relation between these levels. The European level and AEGEE-Europe is dependent on the activities which are carried out by the around 200 locals all around Europe and the European level is supporting the local level by providing input for their thematic and organisational development. Moreover, different European bodies, such as the Comité Directeur and the members of the Pool of Representatives are representing the voice of the locals in Europe, which requires the active communication between the levels.
The Charter of Locals provides a comprehensive overview on the rights and responsibilities of the locals (Antennae and Contact Antennae), which are considered accepted by having signed the Convention d’Adhésion with AEGEE-Europe.
These rights and responsibilities can be found in the Convention d’Adhésion and in the Corpus Iuridicum AEGEEnse.
Rights of the locals of AEGEE / European Students’Forum
After signing the Convention d’Adhésion with AEGEE-Europe, the Contact becomes the part of the Network and entitled to given rights.
The Local has the right to:
- Adopt the name AEGEE-(city name) after the approval of Comité Directeur
- Use the Logo of AEGEE-Europe, provided by the Secretary General
- Personalise the Logo of the Local, according to the Visual Identity and under the approval of Comité Directeur
- Use the Membership Card, provided by AEGEE-Europe, after the payment of membership fee
- Obtain the support of AEGEE-Europe for a project or event (the AEGEE local should submit the projects to the Comité Directeur, including an outline of the project and a financial analysis)
- Obtain information concerning the functioning of the network or concerning the AEGEE local
- Send its members to events organized by other AEGEE Locals
- Organise events according to the Event rules
- Be involved in the different decision making processes (voting at Agora if the Local bears the Antenna status and online consultation)
- Terminate the Convention d’Adhésion with AEGEE-Europe (notice of termination by an AEGEE local can only take place when 2/3 of the present members at the local Agora vote for it. 50% of the members of the AEGEE local must be present at the local Agora to pass the notice of termination.)
Responsibilities and duties of the locals of AEGEE / European Students’Forum
The co-signature of the Convention d’Adhésion also means that the Local agrees to follow the below-mentioned responsibilities and duties:
- Accepts the Statement of Principles and the values of AEGEE-Europe and leads the Local in a way which aligns the Mission and Vision of AEGEE-Europe
- Respects and adopt the kind of non-profit making associative Statutes that have been drawn up by AEGEE-Europe
- Informs AEGEE-Europe without delay of any information that could be of interest for the association
- Contributes to the Strategic Plan and Action Agenda
- Ensures the development of its members and organizes Local and/or Regional Training Courses regularly
- Follows the Antenna Criteria, namely:
- Agrees to the payment of a percentage of the membership fee of each member to AEGEE-Europe
- Organises events as presented in the General Rules, of a thematic focus where members of other Antennae were invited to participate
- Maintains active communication with the bodies of AEGEE-Europe, out of which at least one has to be the Network Commission or the Comité Directeur, responding to written or other forms of communication;
- Democratic involvement is not only a right, the Locals also make sure to send envoys to at least one ordinary Agora or European Boards’ Meeting
- Have a board consisting of at least President, Treasurer and Secretary and organise new board elections at least once a year;
- Has at least ten members and sends the members list upon request (before each Agorae)
- Has a bank account
- Sends participants to Network Meetings on a regular basis
- Sends the Financial Report for approval
- Ensures strategic planning within the Local and sends Activity Plan after the election of the new board and Activity Report after the end of the board term