AEGEE has a great number of mailing lists which are used to communicate within teams, to spread information to different groups, or to discuss certain topics among members. In this page, you will find more information on how to use these mailing lists, from how to subscribe to how to change password of subscriber.
Address to remember https://lists.aegee.org
At this address you will find the list of all mailing lists, and also it is the place where you can change your settings, and also subscribe or unsubscribe from lists.
Type of Subscription
You can be subscribed to mailing lists in two ways
- By yourself, via the site lists.aegee.org – the first time you have to define your login (your email) and a password
- By the listowner (manager of the list) – in this case you don’t have password initially.
Register / Getting Password
In order to access your own settings on AEGEE Lists you need to have password, because to log in is necessary. If you do not know the password, either because you were subscribed to the list by the listowner, or because you forgot it, there is an option to create/change the password.
To get password, click on get a new LISTSERV password or go to directly to https://lists.aegee.org/password.
1. Fill in your email where you want receive email or the email where you receive emails from AEGEE Lists (in this case you’ve been subscribed tot he list by listowner)
2. Fill password which you want to use. The Listserv password is independent of the password for accessing your mailbox and is used solely for managing your lists’ subscriptions
3. You will get email with the subject Command confirmation request, and a link to confirm change of password. To confirm the execution of the change, you need to click on the link.
Subscription/ Un-Subscription to the Mailing List
On above picture you can see navigation menu for subscribers (listowners have additional items there).
At this page you will see all the mailing list you are subscribed to
List of all public AEGEE mailing list to which you can subscribe.
How to subscribe / un-subscribe
Go to the page of the list (by clicking on it on the list) and then click on Subscribe or Unsubscribe on the side menu.
Press the Subscribe Button
- Regular – you recive email when is posted
- Digest – you receive summary of the emails send to the list periodically (it can be daily or weekly).
With the unsubscribe option, you can change the settings of delivery or unsubscribe from the list. You access this menu by clicking the Unsubscribe button
Main AEGEE Mailing Lists
AEGEE-EVENT-L – List for announcements of events
AEGEENEWS-L – List for AEGEE Newsletter
ANNOUNCE-L – News for AEGEE members
AEGEE-L – Main discussion list for AEGEE
Subscribers of AEGEE-L get all emails from ANNOUNCE-L
BOARDINF-L – Information List for AEGEE Boards
There are other features you can access from the lists page, the most relevant for members is to access the archives of the mailing lists you belong to. For this reason, we encourage to use the mailing lists of AEGEE instead of external services.
Note to certificates
In order to secure the communication between you and the lists webserver, a self-signed certificate was created, which certificate is initially not trusted by your browser. In turn your browser warns you, that the certificate issuer is not trusted and you have have to tell your browser manually, that you trust the certificate. You can verify the identity of the certificate, using its fingerprints: